Thursday, June 11, 2009

How Much I Love to Fly

I've been meaning to post this for a while because I found it utterly hilarious and also realized how much the airlines are really trying to screw us.

On My recent flight hom from california, traveling on United (the same airline I had issues with last time and the only reason I was flying them again was because they sent me vouchers from the last incident.) with all 3 of my kids and no Roy I was confronted with the issue of all 3 kids trying to fall asleep at the same time. As I watched their heads bob back and forth or considered the pain they were in laying on the arm rests I asked the stewardess if they had any pillows and blankets, remembering that I had seem some in First Class. Our Conversation:

Me "Do you have any pillows and blankets?" pointing at my drifting children
Stewardess "Oh no, we dont offer those anymore because of the Swine Flu"
Me "I saw some in first class"
Stewardess "Let me see if there are any left"

She of course comes back and hands me a few. What kind of a reply is that? they Swine Flu, of all excuses to use. I mean she was basically stating, in not so many words, that people that can afford first class are immune to the Swine Flu, and the rest of us common folk are not. What a load of... Even now thinking back on it I still cannot comprehend what stupid person came up with that excuse, was it something they were told by higher authorities or something she came up with on the spot. Either way, I am still thuroughly dissapointed in the airlines today. WOW they must think we are ignorant.

No comments: