Thursday, June 11, 2009

Texas Weather

Well I have to say that Texas has the most extreme weather. One minute its sunny and the nest you are watching the neighbors trampoline blow over your fence.

I was talking to my sister on the phone and all of the sudden rain was falling from the sky blowing sideways. Roy had just set a nes post from the last storm we had that blew over our fence. Our wheelbarow was blowing around and all my pation furniture. And as we were watching out the back window the neighbors trampoline started moving and blew right into our fence. as you can tell it is not a small trampoline. In the middle of the storm Roy is over there taking the trampoline down and disassembling it.


We called our friends Jeni and Tim Gandy to make sure everything was ok over there. They were not home during the storm but came home to an utter disaster. In this picture tanken from the Gandy home you can see straight through 3 back yards, the trampoline is flipped over with bags of something, not sure what it was, holding it down. Their fence was also blown completely over on the other side also.
We lost power for only about 2 hours so I guess we were considerably lucky, there was a tornado that touched down at the walmart in the neighboring city and they lost power for I don't know how long. We had ordered pizza not more than 30 minutes before this storm but sad to say it was unable to be delivered.
While talking to my sister on my cell phone trying to figure out when the storm was going to be over, I was assured that we had seen the worst of it and it was done, not more than a 10 minute storm. But as I tried to sleep last night I couldnot because of the fierce thunder and lightning ALL NIGHT LONG. And what did I get to wake up to this morning? MORE RAIN. Well its not as bad as it wats last night, but with Roy going out of town basically all week its hard to keep the kids cooped up in the house all day.
Well that is my drama for the week.


No comments: