Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

This morning the girls and I headed to a Memorial Day Celebration in Gridley with Roy's family. As we are driving there the girls are, of course, asking every question they can think of, so I start explaining;

Me: "Memorial day is the day we remember all the people that fought in the wars"

Emma: "What is a war?"

Me: "A war is where people fight and lots of people die"

Emma: "good people or bad people?"

Me: "Both, good people and bad people fight in a war and some get killed"

So we find our seats and the Ceremony starts with some beautiful music and Memorial Services. Emma and I head to the back where the shade is and stand there for a while. After about 30 minutes of being there Emma looks up at me and says,

"When are they going to start killing eachother?"

WOW! I could not help but laugh out loud and I hope that no one else heard her. I promply discussed with her the fact that this was just a time to remember what happened not that they were going to fight and kill right then.

What will that girl come up with next?

No comments: